When you make a gift to OPCC, you determine how the funds will be used, as well as many options for making your gift.
• Non-Directed Gifts are among the most valuable to OPCC, because they allow the agency to allocate funds wherever the need is greatest.
• Directed Gifts allow you to designate your gift to a specific OPCC project (Access Center, Campion, Daybreak, K9 Connection, Night Light, Safe Haven, Samoshel, Shwashlock, Sojourn and Turning Point.) When you make a directed gift to OPCC, you enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a program that is personally meaningful to you.
When you make a gift to OPCC, your contribution can be put to work immediately. A gift may be composed of almost any asset of value:
• Cash gifts — the simplest and easiest gifts you can make — can be made via credit card or personal checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to OPCC.
• Appreciated securities, stocks, and bonds also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to OPCC before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, you may find that your gift will provide a twofold tax benefit, creating an income-tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital-gains tax that would have been due on their sale. Call our Development Department and we will be happy to discuss this further.
• Gifts of real estate — including personal residences, second homes, income property, and vacant land — offer a wide variety of tax and other benefits. Whereas most people give their entire interest away, it is also possible to give only a portion of the property (an undivided percentage interest) while retaining the rest for other purposes.